Board Meeting Minutes - July 29, 2010
July 29, 2010
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Roswell Visual Arts Center
The meeting was called to order in the Roswell Visual Arts Center at 7:10 PM by the President, Tom Hoffmann. Members present were: Tom Hoffmann, Lou Raimondi, Gittel Price, Ed Waters, Nancy Mingo, Roy Gordon and Bill Magley.
Gittel Price reported on RPS participation in ACP (Atlanta Celebrates Photography) shows at Anna Lee's, the North Fulton Chamber of Commerce and the RPS Open Juried Show.
- The pickup of last year's images is on September 2 (or earlier), preferablyaround their 2 PM closing time.
- New (2010) Anna Lee's images are not juried; each participant should prepareup to two images and drop off at Ann Lee's on September 9. If there are too many images for the space, Anna Lee's management may decline some or all of the second images.
North Fulton Chamber of Commerce:
- Pickup of 2009 images is during the week of August 23.
- New (2010) images should be submitted for jurying at the August 2 RPS meeting.
- Pickup of selected images will be at the August 16 RPS meeting.
- Drop-off of prepared images is August 30 and 31, with a hanging date ofSeptember 2.
Open Juried Show:
- CD submissions are due on September 13. The CDs may be dropped off inthe basket at the VAC on 9/11.
- Return of juried/selected images will be on September 20.
- Prepared images are to be delivered to the VAC on October 2. Deliver to thegallery area near the category for each image.
- The show will be hung on October 4. Volunteers are needed to assist.
- Opening reception will be held on October 8, from 7-9 PM. Volunteers willbe needed to assist with setup and teardown.
- Show closing and image pick-up will be on November 29. (This date may bechanged due to the Thanksgiving holiday schedule at the VAC, or if there are no planned shows in December, the VAC may ask to continue the show to a later date.)
Gittel reminded everyone that the North Georgia Camera Club Council (NGCCC) Annual Shootout will be held at Berry College in Rome on October 23. There was discussion of a possible RPS meetup on an earlier weekend to familiarize some members with the area. Targeted for late September or early October.
The RPS holiday party will be held on December 6 at the Roswell Adult Center. Gittel suggested that we hire a DJ this year instead of a live band, and there was general agreement that Gittel should investigate some options.
Nancy Mingo reported on the latest membership statistics. There have been fewer voluntary donations with new members.
Nancy presented a draft of the flyer to use for the Car Show at UPS on September 11. A few changes were made, and it should now be ready for distribution. Lou Raimondi noted that he will plan to pick up and set up the RPS canopy and display grids on the Friday evening before the show.
Nancy presented some alternative designs for a new RPS Juried Show banner. There was general discussion and Nancy will create a new version with the suggested changes for final approval.
Lou Raimondi discussed renewal of the club's PSA (Photography Society of America) membership. After discussion, Roy Gordon moved and Nancy Mingo seconded that the membership not be renewed due to little perceived value to the club. Unanimously approved.
Lou also presented Kel Kyle's proposal for re-doing the RPS website. Discussion was held comparing this proposal with Will Fastie's earlier proposal. Roy Gordon moved and Ed Waters seconded that RPS accept Will Fastie's proposal. Unanimously approved.
Due to the size of the expenditure, Tom Hoffmann will contact Laurie Doster regarding required city approval. Lou discussed a potential RPS field trip to the Air Museum at Warner-Robins AFB in Macon. It was agreed to target a November date to get into cooler weather.
There was general discussion of the Georgia Nature Photographers Association club and their activities. Because of RPS's relation to the City of Roswell, some of their approaches may not be possible, but the general scope of activities was interesting.
There being no further business, Bill Magley moved and Gittel Price seconded to adjourn the meeting. With unanimous approval, the meeting adjourned at 8:43PM.
Bill Magley, RPS Secretary
Minutes from Recent Board Meetings
- November 27, 2012
- July 24, 2012
- June 26, 2012
- May 15, 2012
- April 30, 2012
- March 19, 2012
- February 27, 2012
- July 25, 2011
- June 27, 2001
- March 22, 2011
- January 18, 2011
- December 22, 2010